Sunday 20 April 2014

Ben's Projects - Part the First



So, I've been very lax about blogging, so picking up on H's bookmarks theme I've decided to do a weekly blog about a project - one per week.

This is partially tied in to me being without work after being made redundant at the end of March. No new job jumped out at me so I decided to start doing stuff around the house, and with my gaming, whilst I look for new work.

End result - each week I'll give myself a project and blog or vlog about it as I complete it. Sometimes it'll be to with gaming, sometimes DIY and sometimes gardening - or something totally different.

As a relatively easy (relatively) start - I decided to re-sort our CD collection. A few years back we decided to move our CDs into carry cases to ease up on storage space.

Step one: get all our CDs together:


They they all are - each pile represents a bunch of CDs, sorted by artist surname or band name.

Once these piles were done I realised I had 27 piles, despite only having artists starting with 23 letters of the alphabet. Oh and this one CD as well:


I discovered (using iTunes on the computer) that this is an album by pendulum.

That sorted I put it in the right pile and the laid all the piles out alphabetically in order to start sorting each pile individually and putting them into the cases.

Here the piles are laid out alphabetically:


The next part took a good two hours - not overly helped by me missing piles or parts of piles and then having to take a load of CDs out of the case to sort it out.

Eventually I got there, with a few hiccups and a couple of CDs ending up in what is technically the wrong place. In discussion H and I decided that this is probably something I should only do once a year - which is something of a relief. Here are the two carriers with our complete CD collection. 


So that's it until next time - I just need to work out what my next project will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment