Friday 7 March 2014

I have a problem....

I should not be allowed in Boots. This lunchtime, I thought I'd pop in there for some nail polish (real essential stuff) and ended up leaving with 3, yes 3, different toners (and some nail polish).

It wasn't too long ago that I had completely written off toners as a pointless waste of time and money, particularly as I clean my face with wash off cleansers and a flannel so I don't need to take off any heavy cleanser. Then I discovered the sainted Caroline Hirons and the 'exfoliating toner' and now I'm addicted. Call me tragic, but I love an extra skincare step, as I get older I enjoy the ritual of washing my face, wiping a toner over, patting a serum in, massaging in moisturiser etc etc. Even if it has no tangible effect, I enjoy it. It's soothing.

So last year I started using Ren's Clarifying Toning Lotion http://www.renskincare.com/p/3393?gclid=CIT-1Z_dgb0CFWXnwgodzzUANw

I adore it, but that hasn't stopped me wanting to find some cheaper products that might also work for different things. For example I also use Alpha H Liquid Gold http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/alpha-h-liquid-gold-night-treatment-serum.html?gclid=CL-8vOjcgb0CFerpwgod62cAOw sometimes and I don't like to use the exfoliating toner the next day as my skin gets a bit red and sore, so a gentler alternative would be great. And that's how this happened.



Firstly, I just liked the sound of the old fashioned toner with glycerin and rosewater for exactly the reason stated above. It should be gentler on my skin when I'm a bit fragile. The skinclear stuff I wanted as sometimes I do get frustrated with my mahoosive pores and why not try something new? I will only be using this on selected areas and not every day by any means. Lastly, I couldn't turn down a toning mist. It's super-refreshing and when I go to festivals in the summer (I go to super-hip folk festivals full of old folks) I can use it to cool myself off if the Morris dancing gets too exciting... I should note that, while I have open pores and combination skin, I'm lucky in that I rarely get terrible breakouts and my skin recovers well when I abuse it. Disclaimer over.

I'm super-stoked to try these out and can hopefully report back on how effective they are! 

Love and kisses,

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment